Saturday, April 4, 2009

Just ONE Voice!

     Litia sang with our elementary concert choir at the tabernacle on March 31st.  Every elementary school in the district sang one number independently.  They did a wonderful job.  The parts were delightful!  Then, at the very end of the concert every child gathered at the front of the tabernacle and up in the balcony to sing two numbers together!  There were hundreds of children singing!  WOW!   What an experience!  I could just barely see Litia, but she was one voice adding to the miraculous sound!  What a full, rich, wonderful sound they made!  
     Litia is a busy young lady!  She went straight to violin lessons at 3:15 and with only a bathroom and drink break continued on with orchestra class at 4:00.  I picked her up to change clothes at 5:00 and had her eat a sandwich on the way to the tabernacle.  She practiced with the choir and then performed.  We didn't make it home until 9:20 because we helped clean up.  She had homework and didn't get to be until after 10:30.  Needless to say, I didn't have her attend early morning choir practice the next morning.
     The Provo Tabernacle is the very place that I sang with the BYU Children's Choir when I was in 7th Grade.  It is an experience I will always remember.  My very favorite memory is singing with a whole orchestra that had timpani drums right close to where I was standing.  We sang the new primary songs by K. Newell Dayley, "I Feel My Savior's Love and Every Star is Different and So is Every Child," while he directed us.  To this day when I hear either of those songs, I still have the entire orchestra playing along with the music, and the added emphasis of timpani drums echoing in my soul.    

No comments: