Saturday, March 7, 2009

When She's Helping She's Happy!

     That is the theme of my sweet sister Ida!  She stopped by Thursday on Litia's birthday and gave her the cutest scripture tote in the world!  (Manufactured by Misha of course - and accessorized by Ida of course - 'Cute STAR button!')  Then, she invited the girls (birthday twins -Litia & Kalina - two years and four days apart) to BOLT the movie for the next evening.  
     So, Friday Ida showed up around 4:oo and even invited Fotu to come along.  While they were gone, Seneti and I worked on dishes and the laundry.  Seneti can play in the sink for hours - and that is NOT exaggerating!  She's now just tall enough to turn the faucet on by herself when on tiptoes atop the dining room chair.  She remains contentedly perched there as she scientifically rediscovers everything water can do!
     When Seneti is helping with the laundry, SHE is the sole operator of the hot air tumbler.  She wants to be the one to open the door, add all clothing garments, put in the fabric softener sheets, and close the door!  She wants to turn the knob and set the start button!  It is one of the most darling rituals this side of Slate Canyon!  Although it takes at least 5 times as long to accomplish as normal, I just remind myself that this is an act of love on her part and know that someday I will want her willing desire to serve and the time we've spent to be back!  I just savor every second!  My payback tonight was, "I Wuv You, Mom!" stated on her own (without any prompting) for the very first time in recorded Earth-life history!  It was topped with a koala hug so tight that pinches were part of the deal.  Oh, my sweet Seni Girl!  
     Before you knew it, Smiling Gorgeous Ida and the kids came barging back through the door!  They had enjoyed the movie and the time spent together.  What great sisters I have!  They make everyone feel so important!  Thank you for being a happy helper and giving my kids a much deserved retreat!  I LOVE YOU!  

No comments: